Originally published April 13, 2021.
Sometimes the punch lines for jokes are better than the jokes themselves. Actually, sometimes the jokes aren’t even worth telling. One of the most famous punchlines is, of course, “Wrecked ’em? Dang near killed him!” But that is only tangential to my point. My point is that there are a lot of good punchlines to so-so jokes. The title of this post is a great example of that. Here are a few more. Feel free to add more in the comments:
- Ma’am, you have a broken finger.
- You nique up on it.
- No, I’m a frayed knot.
- Better than a ham sandwich, isn’t it.
- Catch up.
Those of you who know me know I can go on and on. So, I’ll stop!
March 30, 2023 update:
- Are you sure? Yes, I’m positive.
- Why not? He’s a fungi.
- Because seven eight nine.
- If it’s not one thing, it’s your mother.
- Start with a large fortune.
Thank you very much.